Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just some training stuff....

Yesterday, bored of the gym machines, I went to a spinning class. I wasn’t the only foreigner in the class, and when the tall, Chinese instructor saw me and two other foreign men sitting on bikes, his face lit up.

-Excuse my English, it is not so good! Was his started phrase, then he spoke English throughout most of the class except for at times shouting 加油, 加油!! Which means, ‘come on!’ and which is literally translated as: ‘add oil’ (add fuel to your exercise.. hehe)

The class definitely reached beyond my expectations so I might go again. It’s more fun than hanging out at the cross trainer…

I have to also add, that I am impressed with the trainer’s knowledge of English at this little gym. Two years ago I lived in Finland and over there, no one wanted to speak English, neither at the gyms nor at the streets. Here people really make an effort (although unfortunately it often collides with my effort to speak Chinese) So you go, Chinese PT:s…

Speaking of training, since I’ve decided to run a marathon sometimes within the near future (note that the near future can be anything from 1 to 2 years for me…) I have been meaning to start doing morning runs. But it is still raining non stop over here, and it’s been doing so for the last 2 weeks… Kind of depressing. I’m over this plum rain now.

No comments: