Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The importance of rewarding yourself

THE Whisk Brownie...

Finally! I can breathe again! The exams are all done. It went okay! The writing & reading was of course the hardest bit, but I am still amazed of how many characters I recognized?! When I started studying in September last year, recognizing characters seemed like an impossible thing to be able to do!

Anyhow, since I’ve spent the rest of my day in front of the computer, dealing with bookkeeping, bills, invoices and other, not-so-exciting-things, I’m going to treat myself (big time) tonight. Being a true choc-o-loco I’m going to Shanghai’s best choco-café, namely Whisk! If you ever drop by this city you HAVE to visit Whisk. Their prices might be leaning towards the upper scale, however, once you’ve had a spoonful of their so-good-that-it-melts-on-the-tongue brownie, you’ll understand what I am talking about. Geh, just writing about it makes my mouth water!

An obvious problem of me living in Shanghai is my sweet tooth. The availability of desserts, cakes and ice cream in this city is simply outrageous. Everywhere you go there’s a cosy-looking and inviting café that’s saying: ‘come in, come in! Have a latte and a muffin, you look like you need to relax.’. (SURE I DO!) Too often, I fall for the temptation.

But hey, would YOU be able to resist something like that?!?!? Gosh, I might run there tonight. No, of course I won’t. Or, well, maybe!!

Another Whisk chocolate cake... Just look at it?! It's so... beautiful! :)

No comments: