Thursday, March 20, 2008

Victims of bugs

All of my recent visitors have come to China with their spirits high, only to eventually crumble as victims of evil stomach bugs. It doesn’t matter if they prepare themselves with stomach flora tablets (or whatever they are called), fluids, shots or disinfection hand spray –they still all get sick, one way or another.

I feel helpless in terms of knowing how to help them. During my first eight months in China I got sick quite often, and lost about 5 kilos, but then it just ‘stopped’ (and the 5 kilos came back, damn!) and now I haven’t been sick for about 1 year (even though I have been travelling both to Europe and other Asian countries during this time). What’s the magic? What do u people do to prevent visitors from getting stomach bugs?

No comments: