Monday, April 7, 2008

French brunch in the French Concession

French brunch -yum!

Forgive me for my lack of blogging; I spent the weekend house-sitting in Shanghai. Some funny incidents happened, but I don't have time to share those now as I am already late for my morning class (gosh, 'class'. Something that has been highly neglected lately!)

Anyways, I thought I'd share one of the best weekend brunches I've had... ever! At cafe montmarte at Ulumuqi Lu (near Changle Lu) in the French Concession. The menu was promising and reality didn't disappoint us when the tray came in with the following:


French toast
Baguette
Apple and cinnamon crepe
Croissant
Smoked salmon toast
Tartine with butter and jam
Eggs (scrambled, sunny side up, fried -you name it... They make it!)
Grilled bacon and sausages
Potatoes
Salad
Chocolate mouse
Coffee
Juice

Yum, yum, yum!!!! 138 kuai for this feast, nothing I would do on a regular basis (I simply cannot eat that much, however yummy it is!) but sometimes it's fun to spoil yourslef for a bit.


(I'll be back in the blog buzz later this arvo, until then -don't droll over the picture, k?)

No comments: