Monday, December 29, 2008
"Honey, I'm home!"
You know you are back in China (or at least on your way) when:
* Someone smokes at the lavatory on the airplane and fellow passengers barely react.
* Everybody get up to take their luggage as soon as the plan hit the landing ground. Angry stewardess come running, yelling for the passengers to sit down and fasten their seat belt until the seat belt light is switched off.
* You step off the plane and are met by the views of a gray, foggy looking sky and a kind of odd smell.
* While waiting for your luggage, people try to push their way into your spot even though there isn't room for anyone else where you are standing.
* Someone takes your bag but puts it back again. You don't even bother to tell them off.
* A lot of people around you are squatting.
* There's at least two men mopping everywhere you want to walk.
* Lines to public bathrooms stop existing.
* Suddenly you find yourself surrounded by fashionable looking girls in short skirts, high heels and sunglasses... despite being inside an airport terminal.
* You're one of the tallest people in the building.
....ahhhh! It's good to be back!!!