Thursday, October 29, 2009

29 times two

It's 29 degrees today in Suzhou. 29. Degrees. On October 29. That's one 29 too many,

Maybe I am being over sensitive seeing to the heat that I just came from the country of minus degrees. But still. 29 degrees, sunshine and smoggy air only a few days away from November. That's quite, ehum, different. 

Well I can forget about going for a run around the lake. 

It wasn't that hot last year around this time, was it? 


kanmuri said...

It IS warmer this year. We don't have anything in the 20s here but I remember that last year I wanted to sue the schools because they were not putting heating on until Novemeber but this year it's still bearable. So yup, warmer, definitely.

Lotus Guy said...


I saw 29's in October when I was in suzhou, also saw 25's in Feburary in the late 80's in suzhou. Though I left suzhou 1n 1997.

Brad Farless said...

Hm. Sounds like here. It was cool today. Only 30 or so. Usually about 32 or so every day. I do miss winter weather.

Jonna Wibelius said...

kanmuri -glad to hear that it isn't just me who have notices. Although... not sure how glad we should be... global warming, hello. :(

Lotus Guy -I don't mind summer when it's summer, but I want fall when it's supposed to be fall!

Brad -uhhh... yeah, I do too. I actually really like winter. even more so after living here ;)