Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blog drought


No I've neither gone missing nor am I dead. I'm just super busy, got a soar throat, meanwhile I'm overloaded with work. I haven't had time for much more than work lately (the sore throat put an abrupt end to my morning gym routine). The Expo is around the corner (starts this Sat) so this situation is self-explanatory. I hope that after May 1 things will slow down a little, although I am pretty sure they won't. 

The Expo has already had its soft opening: thousands and thousands of people cramming the Expo area and resulting in nightmare-like photos spreading like a wildfire on the net. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the gates open for real. I'll be working at the Expo area on Saturday, so I promise to give you a report on how things were on Sunday.  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I spent 5 hours reading all of your previous blogs. Incredibly interesting and enjoyable. I really appreciate your effort.

Unknown said...

I spent 5 hours reading all of your previous blogs. Extremely enjoyable and interesting. A good perspective to see Chinese culture in westerns'
eyes. I'm now in USA for 6 months as an exchange student. Similarly, I have many culture shocks.

Unknown said...

Hope your sore throat gets better soon. Whatever you'll be doing at the Expo, enjoy yourself. You have a knack of knowing how to!!

Anonymous said...

hello. can i ask, since when did u start learning mandarin>? and how long did it take u to master it?

Jonna Wibelius said...

lyz -wow, that's a looooong time!! I hope they didnt put u to sleep..hihi!

Keats -I'll try my best! :) thanks darl!

Anonymous -I started at the end of 2007... And I never managed to master it. But I can have meetings and conversations in Chinese anyways. It always works out somehow.

flyingfish said...

Thanks so much for the update. I am sorry about the sore throat. Not as bad as it could be, I guess, considering all you have to do in the next few days.

I've never understood soft openings, myself. They seemed to make sense when there was some control over the size/kind of the audience and the access of the media. But now it seems like anyone with a cell phone might as well have a press pass.

Not that I'm knocking the information superhighway. Not in the least. I'm just wondering about traffic jams.

Godyssey said...

I feel your pain! The pollen levels where I live are so high, that they've been wreaking damage on my throat for weeks now.

I haven't gone on my daily runs since this all started, and I'd felt so bad about it. Luckily, my throat has been feeling increasingly better.I'm hoping to get outside and run by the end of the week.

I'm wishing you success too!