Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Off to Malaysia

From this....
...to this!

With a Malaysia trip around the corner it is kind of hard to focus on writing Chinese characters, even though I know I should. I will commit the usual travelling mistake and pack some of my Chinese book in the hopes of me opening them in between the beach and the cocktail hour. I know I know, I’m yet to learn (I think that for me it will be a never-ending, sort of life-long learning process), but for some reason it feels better to pack them and drag them around than to leave them at home where they will only collect dust.

I’m a bit sad to leave my new uni as I enjoy my course so much. Most of my teachers are real great, and I’m so happy about my “class.” Last week a young, Chinese girl started talking to me and we agreed to meet later that afternoon for some language exchange. As we sat down at a café, it took about 10 minutes before a young, Chinese boy suddenly turned up:

“May I join you?”

I am 99,9% sure that the next time I meet with this young girl, we are going to be an even larger group of people. There are not so many foreign students at this uni and most of the Chinese students are keen to practice their English. Which is totally fine with me, as long as they agree to share the time and let me practice my Chinese when they are done.

Anyhow, now I better get ready for catching that car to the airport. Some photo posts will appear while I’m gone unless I locate a computer to blog from at Langkawi Island. As usual I’m travelling computer-free.

7 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

Travel safe and enjoy the entire way.

Jonna Wibelius said...

Trei -thanks! Turns out (unless blogspot suddenly goes unavailable from Malaysia?) that I might be blogging from over there still.. my bf is bringing his computer!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Malaysia and enjoy your trip.....I ensure you blogspot is available here. ( If not you can get me ).

Redbabe said...

Have fun!!

Brad Farless said...

Malaysia? It seemed like a nice place when I was in Kuala Lumpur, but I haven't been to Langkawi Island. I was just looking at it as a flight destination last night though. The wife and I are planning our next trip. Bangkok maybe...

I hope you have a good time there!

Niel said...

Welcome to Malaysia.

Langkawi is a nice place to relax, but still...it's quite boring.

Have a nice time anyway!

hippo said...

Hey hey,Selamat Datang! Welcome to Malaysia!

p/s: Of course blogspot is available over here, we don't exactly lives in trees ya know. =)

p/s (again): you'd be surprised how multilingual we are... I myself speaks 5 language (english,malay, mandarin, thai & japanese) and 3 chainese dialect (cantonese, hakka & hokkien) So, don't worry, you'll survive.