Thursday, January 8, 2009

From fat, to six pack potential


I think her chances of getting a six pack are better than mine...

The situation at my gym is just getting better and better. Yesterday I spent a good, 45 minutes on the treadmill before turning to a exercise bike for a 20 minutes cool down. My friend Rocky came and sat next to me.

-Hey You Na, how's your stomach?

-Eh... fine I think.
We both looked at it.

-So... do you have a six pack?

-A WHAT?!

-A six pack?

-A six pack?!! You think that I have a six pack?!

-Maybe?! I have heard that many western girls do.

-Really?!

-Yeah! So do you have one too?

-Eh...
(holding back a hysterical laughter) no, I don't. But thanks for thinking so!

-Do you think you will get one soon?

-Eh... no. I don't think so.

-Why not? You work out very often.

-Good point... but no. A six pack is not in reach.

-You should get one. They look cool. 

-Yeah, sure. I know. I'll just... try that. Let's see. 

Wow... everyone hear that? From "You look fat" to "do you have a six pack?" within 1.5 months!? I am starting to get this now... Rocky has no idea, has he?

8 comments:

Mark's Blog said...

I still do not know what is six pack?

Anna Davidson said...

I am loving your gym stories Jonna, they are very similar to mine, although my trainer friend is 'Stone'! When I first started at the gym, I think that it was a real no-no for a girl, especially a white girl, to be seen in the free weights room. And a white girl having boxing lessons?! Very funny, keep up the great writing.

Jonna Wibelius said...

Mark -six pack = 六块. The muscles on can get on your stomach if you train veeeeery hard and eat nothing unhealthy...

Anna -hehe, yeah, it sure feels like a freak show at times to be a girl and do weights. While the trainers at my gym don't mind it, some of the other male gym goers get all wide-eyed every time they see me at the free weights section. But then if u go to a class like 'body pump' it's suddenly not strange anymore because in that class 80% are women!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me but I prefer my women without a six pack! I'm still working on mine though and 2 weeks at home didn't help. Still waiting for my first gym session of 2009.

Jonna Wibelius said...

Woai -that's great to hear and that's the excuse I'll use from now on when ppl ask me why I don't have a six pack...: "well, most guys prefer women without six packs." Yup. And that's the only reason why I don't have one...ehum.

Anonymous said...

Mark - If you're not sure what a six pack is I can send you a photo of mine .... probably around May or June!

Jonna - Sadly I can't use that excuse :-(

Anonymous said...

Six Pack can also refer to the packing of beer comes in 6 cans or bottles.

Everyone has a six pack. It's usually hidden depends the amount of wealth one has on their stomach!

Jonna Wibelius said...

Miss Jane - a six pack of beer are def more in reach for me than a visible six pack on my stomach... sounds more enjoyable too! :)