Monday, January 7, 2008

Nap time –whenever you want, wherever you want!

I’ve always been impressed with people who can fall asleep in two seconds. I’m personally that sort of sleeper that needs at least 10 minutes of tossing and turning before my eyelids can fully relax. Sleeping in public places, like air planes, trains, park benches (?!) and buses, however, are totally out of my league. For Chinese people, however, it seems like the more public the place, the easier to fall asleep.

My Chinese friends have explained the term ‘wu shui’ for me, meaning something like ‘lunch nap’… They said that the nap doesn’t meet that you are fully asleep, but that you are ‘snoozing’. ‘Sure’, I replied, nodded and (almost) believed them.

Because no matter what they tell me, I have to say that these sleepy captures (from Shanghai and Kunming) really speaks for themselves. Snoozing? My a**! I swear I could hear those people SNORE when I photographed them!

1 comment:

Dylstra said...

The nap policy should be more widely adopted. Love the blog, by the way - very informative and well punctuated.