Monday, March 10, 2008

Blind Man Massage


This weekend I had my first blind man massage. I’ve heard a lot about this kind of massage and I was keen to find out how different a rub from a blind guy to a normal person can be, so I decided to give it a go.

My masseur was a girl, so I had high hopes for her being a little bit more gentle than the blind guy who rubbed my boyfriend’s feet (judging from my boyfriend’s face, this guy was rough!) but oh how wrong you can be? It was the most painful rub I’ve ever had, but like always (after a rough rub) I slept like a baby that night. Swedish massage might be soothing and smooth but Chinese massage is all about releasing tension. And it does. That’s the price of the pain!

I bet some of you wonder if blind man massage was different to normal, Chinese massage. In my opinion –no, not much. Sure, it was painful, in fact –very painful, but Chinese massage is always rough. My boyfriend, however, seemed happier than usual after his blind rub and said it was one of his best massages ever. Well, there you go.

I’m curious to know if anyone else has a different experience of blind man massage, so please, if you have any input, let us know in the comments field!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just had a blind massage myself yesterday, and after searching for it in google for other experiences I found your blog, asking if someone else has experiences ;)

Anyway, I liked mine very much, it was actually more gentle than usually (from a female person) yet still a bit hard, of course. Feels very good afterwards, can't say better or worse, but enjoyed it a lot. Also, the ambiance in the blind massage center was kind of better than in "regular" centers... I suggest everyone to have a go for it, when they're in China.