Monday, March 31, 2008

I have no choice but to do this

It's time to stop denying...

Yesterday I bought myself a bike in order to be able to get around easier. The area where I live in Suzhou is not one tenth as crowded as my old Shanghai ‘hood’ at Ulumuqi Lu (Gosh, I miss Ulumuqi Lu!). Anyways, the bike that I found is if possible the ugliest thing I’ve seen, however, it was the biggest one they had.. so… What can u do if you’ve got long legs? This country definitely wasn’t made for people of my size!

Anyways, the bike was 380 kuai, the basket was 10 and after yesterday’s ‘exploring Suzhou by bike’-trip I have to say I am quite happy with it. Riding a bike is definitely the best way to get around and to see some thing you’d never be able to notice from a taxi window. So I’m happy. I just have to remind myself to remain calm once the older cyclists –and here I am talking about the men- start racing with me on the roads again (this was the everyday case of Shanghai).

The bike also fits well with my ‘oh-my-god-I-just-realised-summer-is-only-two-months-away-and-I-have-to-get-into-shape’ realization that I had yesterday after inspecting myself in the mirror. Gosh, I hate rushing into a better shape, but I don’t see any other choice. So this week will be my ‘trying-to-find-a-fun-way-to-get-in-shape’ week (…..aren’t you excited?! I am not). I will try as many being-healthy-and-moving-a-lot-options as possible. Today I am going for a free trial session at a gym, on Wednesday I am gonna try a spinning class, Thursday is all about pilates and if I feel completely wild on Friday I might do some belly dancing. Yup. A good ol mix of sports is what I need (at least that is what I am telling myself).

Arighty Monday blues and shapeless body –here we go!

No comments: