Monday, July 7, 2008

Today: one, last effort (for a while)

Today (in about 1 hour and 20 min) I have my final exam (grammar) and I am a tiiiiiny bit freaked out about it. Who said Chinese language was easy to learn because there was so little grammar? Ehhhhh.... This class is all about grammar, and like always with me, I have a hard time remembering all those rules. It is the same with every language I learn... I just go after feeling, rather than trying to remember the rules, and in the end I end up.... confused.

Anyways, I have to go and review some characters now (a lot of writing is involved in this exam... hence why my spirit is low) and then I'll blog about something more fun/interesting in the afternoon. It looks quite tempting out there.. about 33 degrees and humid as h***. Not a day for a long run, that's for sure. The air con better work today at uni. Last Friday it didn't, so we had our spoken exams looking like sweaty football players who's been running for too long. Or OK, I did. The Koreans and Japanese looked as fresh as ever in their jeans and shirts. Me, on the other hand, wearing the tiniest shorts and a singlet, looked as if I'd come straight out of the shower. Well, that's my 'glow,' right?!

No comments: